Sunday, April 15, 2012

Challenging myself - 'M'


I am submitting at least one comment at the blog  -http://rachaelharrie.blogspot.com/2012/04/to-z-blogging-challenge-rachs-writing.html for a very creative contest there. 

Rachael has a picture and she is inviting posts based on the picture each day.
So, here’s my entry for the 'M' day and the rules for the entry were - Saturday April 14 - include four words starting with the letter "M" in your entry 


"Meet me at midnight" was all that you said before you disappeared.

It’s been a year since the day you said that.

Slipping out before midnight and sneaking back in at dawn has been easy, but waiting this long wait for you has been the hardest.

I don't blame you. I sensed this was coming, the day I met you. You, the millionaire’s heir, falling in love with me, the little Village witch’s daughter would never be accepted. Not by anyone.

But, I am not like my mom. And that’s the truth that no one else understands, but you.

“Maid in mistress” he whispered. “Tonight, meet him at midnight” was all that he said before he disappeared. I must have gone numb listening to it. Numb with fear, anxiety and eagerness. Numb with Hope.

I sit here paralyzed, impatient for this midnight, the midnight of my life.

 “You are coming!!!” 

No comments:

Post a Comment