Monday, April 16, 2012

Challenging myself - 'O' for Orient


I sit oriented facing east.
Looking at the mists rise,
Watching the fog give its way,
For the sparkling dew drops, in the rising sun.

I sit oriented anticipating spring.
Waiting for the rebirth of those thorny trees,
For those longer days and shorter darks,
And eager for more colors in my life.

I sit oriented, ready for new beginnings.
I might have failed, yet again, this time.
But, the lessons that I learn from my mistakes,
Are all the stepping stones, to my own success.


This was in response to the Blogging contest at -http://rachaelharrie.blogspot.com/2012/04/to-z-blogging-challenge-rachs-writing.html The rules for the entry were  Tuesday April 17 - your entry should contain the words "own" and "orient"  Write a short story/flash fiction/poetry/other writing. The entry should be based on this picture and should be less than 150 words.

No comments:

Post a Comment