Monday, April 23, 2012

Challenging myself - 'S' for Success



Success doesn’t come silent,
It comes with drumrolls, parties and celebrations.
It gets name fame and money.
It brings lots and lots of people.

And it brought with it an illusion, that it would last forever for me.

Success was the crest of a wave in my life,
The trough of failure was slinking right below it.
I missed seeing it, until it hit me real hard,
And the night that was the heyday for me, ended abrupt. 

A new face, a fresh voice, and an unpolished talent,
Was all that it took to knock me off those high heels.
I had failed to realize till now, that this was exactly what I had done
To the pretty girl, whose shoes, that I had stepped into.

The story repeats for her too. She won’t be spared.
And I just pray that, on that day, she be better prepared than me.

This was in response to the blogging contest at - http://rachaelharrie.blogspot.com/2012/04/to-z-blogging-challenge-rachs-writing.html for a very creative contest there. The rules for the entry were Saturday April 21 - your entry should contain the words "silent" and "slinks". Write a short story/flash fiction/poetry/other writing. The entry should be based on this picture and should be less than 150 words.

No comments:

Post a Comment