Thursday, April 26, 2012

Challenging myself – ‘W’ for Wanderlust.


 Wanderlust. That’s what runs in my veins. I can’t sleep at night; I can’t stay awake from my day dreams. What lies beyond these waters? What lies beneath the clear blue skies? What lies past those horizons?

Soft murmurs that sneak up to my ear amidst the howling wind call me. The rolling waves and tinkling ripples lay out a carpet welcoming me. The long green grass of the whispering meadows rift apart, making way for me. The indigo skies and twinkling stars shine bright to light up my way.

The world ahead, beyond and around is on its toes waiting for me.

And I am set, to explore the land beyond our little island.

Wait for me. I’ll be back to huddle around the warmth of the night fires, to sip in late tea and to share my voyages and adventures.

I am going to chase those wanderlust wonders.
o-x-o

This was a response to the blogging contest at - http://rachaelharrie.blogspot.com/2012/04/to-z-blogging-challenge-rachs-writing.html. The rules for the entry were - Thursday April 26 - begin and end your entry with a word beginning with the letter ‘W’. Write a short story/flash fiction/poetry/other writing. The entry should be based on this picture and should be less than 150 words.


No comments:

Post a Comment